Monday, July 1, 2013

Homecooking: Egg Chili and Eggplant Fried Rice

What better way to do with our cold rice than to make a fried rice. Vegetarian fried rice that is (good thing my husband eats anything). Oh I tried to draw the ingredients ( I found my sketch pad while cleaning my stuff.) I'm not good at drawing obviously,but it's my way of being creative today.



Ingredients:

  • 4 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 2-3 eggs lightly beaten with a little salt & pepper
  • 1 large eggplant cut into 1/4 inch cubes 
  • salt & pepper
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1 finger chili, finely chopped
  • 4-5 cups of cooked rice
  • 2-3 tbsp. fried onions
  • 3 tbsp finely sliced scallions
Direction:
  • Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add onions. Once fried set aside. Pour in the beaten eggs & cook just until set. Roll up & transfer to a chopping board. Slice thinly.
  • Pour the remaining oil into the pan & heat. Add the eggplant cubes & sprinkle with a little salt & pepper. Cook stirring occasionally until slightly softened. Add the garlic & chili. Cook until the eggplant cubes are cooked through & the mixture is aromatic.
  • Add the cooked rice & friend onions. Sprinkle in more salt & pepper. Stir fry until the rice is heated through.
  • Add the sliced eggs & scallions. Stir a few more times.
Serve hot & Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment