Thursday, September 26, 2013

Homecooking: Cabagge Stir Fry and Chicken

Aside from learning how to cook, I started to adapt a more healthy lifestyle. For some time now, I stop eating red meat and chicken. So for tonight's dinner, my husband and I had chicken and cabbage stir fry. Hubby is a meat eater so I still cook something for him other than veggies. And now for the recipe.

Cabbage Stir Fry (Serves 2)
Ingredients

  • 1tbsp olive oil
  • 1 medium onion chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-2 tomato, diced 
  • leaves of tarragon
  • 1 cup shredded cabbage
  • salt & pepper to taste
Procedure
  • Heat olive oil in a frying pan. 
  • Saute onion, garlic, tomato and tarragon until fragrant.
  • Add cabbage, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  • Cook and stir occasionally , until the cabbage wilts  and the water it has expelled has almost evaporated.
  • Transfer contents on a bowl and serve hot.
  • Enjoy




For the chicken. The chicken pieces was first marinated for 1 hour before frying. For the marinate  combine the soy sauce, pepper, salt and lemon juice.
Since I don't eat meat I can't tell you how it tasted so I asked hubby, he said that it was delicious and flavorful. I think it was delicious because he almost wiped out the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment